Total time to prepare – Approximately 1 hour. Serves twenty (20).
–– The quantity of this appetizer can be easily changed, and can be made a day ahead, refrigerated, and then heated in the oven at a low temperature.
- 1 lb Celebration Potatoes.
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp Basil, chopped
- 7 oz Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grease mini-muffin tins with butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the multi-colored celebration potatoes. Any variation of these type of potatoes can be used, including Fingerling.
- Slice thin and place in a container of water. Do Not Peel. Wait 30 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry. Place the potatoes in a medium bowl.
- Add Butter, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder, Basil. Salt & Pepper to taste. Mix with a spoon.
- Place a short stack (perhaps 3) of potatoes in the greased muffin cup.
- Top with a pinch of Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Place another short stack of potatoes atop the cheese. Stack height should not exceed the top of the muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges brown.
- Remove the muffin tins and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon or similar tool to scoop the stacks from the muffin cups and place on paper towels to drain.
Leave a Reply