Total time to prepare – Approximately one (1) hour
A Quick and Easy Recipe – Serves 8
- item one 1 lb. Ground Beef (85%)
- item two 1-14.5 oz. can Stewed Tomatoes
- item three 32 oz. Beef Stock
- item four 1-cup (8 oz) Vegetable Broth
- item five 1 large onion – diced
- item six 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- item seven 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Item eight 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- item nine 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- item ten 1 cup Red Bell Pepper – diced
- item eleven 1/2 cup Celery – diced
- item twelve 1 cup Carrots – Peeled and sliced thin
- item thirteen 1/2 cup Barley – QUICK COOKING
- item fourteen 4 cups Spinach – baby or torn
- item one Brown ground beef in dutch oven, break-up the meat. Remove meat and place on paper towels, cool. Pat the grease from the beef. Wipe out the dutch oven with paper towels.
- item two Add to dutch oven: Stewed Tomatoes, red pepper, celery, carrots, onion, garlic powder, dried thyme, beef stock, vegetable broth, salt, pepper and return ground beef to pot.
- item three Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for twenty (20) minutes.
- item four Add barley and simmer for additional fifteen (15) minutes.
- item five Add spinach stir. Allow to wilt for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy. If not using all the soup at one sitting, refrigerate. The barley will soak up some of the liquid. Add additional vegetable broth to increase liquid to desired consistency.